Question:

From Tulia, Texas, USA:

I am 33 years old and diabetic. I just found out I am a week pregnant and shocked at that. We did not expect it. It has been nine years since my last pregnancy. I am happy and scared at the same time. I worry because of my diabetes. My two pregnancies have been high risk. Is there any financial help or information for me out there?

Answer:

You should make an appointment to see your obstetrician and endocrinologist as soon as possible to evaluate your glucose control. This is a critical time for the pregnancy. There is a lot of information on this web site about diabetes and Pregnancy if you would like to review previous questions. In terms of financial assistance, you will have to seek out what is available in your immediate area through your employer or social services.

Posted to Pregnancy and Type 2