From Manchester, England, UK:

My daughter was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes about five weeks ago. For about the last nine months, she has been staining her knickers. This is more than if she had just not wiped herself properly. Also, she was clean before this. We have put it down to a new baby arriving and wanting attention. However she doesn't seek attention and doesn't say when she has soiled herself. My daughter was diagnosed with type 1 five weeks ago. She has been staining her knickers for nine months. Is it related to her diabetes?

No. I think much the more likely explanation is constipation with overflow. This is extremely common and would be worsened in the time before diagnosis because of chronic mild dehydration. Your general practitioner should be able to advise you about medication (probably required for a month or two) and some simple behavioral techniques to improve her situation.