From Glasgow, Scotland, UK:

In someone who has anorexic tendencies and eats very little, can diabetes exist undetected for a long time? Or, would the disease be evident and easily identified?

I think you are implying that "anorexic tendencies" may put less pressure on the pancreatic beta cells and therefore delay the presentation of type 1 (autoimmune) diabetes mellitus. I know of no data to support this and, theoretically, ketone and counter-regulatory hormone production on account of inadequate food intake may actually precipitate diagnosis.

Posted to Other and Behavior