From Pleasant Grove, Utah, USA:

Can you provide any information regarding a treatment procedure called Metabolic Activation Therapy, also referred to as MAT? I understand it has received FDA approval for the pump used in the treatment and came out of research from UC Davis in California. What can you tell me about this treatment?

This is an experimental protocol proposed by Dr. Thomas Aoki at the University of California, Davis Medical Center. Dr. Aoki has had preliminary success with "resting" damaged islet cells in people with his protocol, but not too many others have joined in his enthusiasm. However, Dr. Aoki was an excellent researcher for many years in Boston and now in Sacramento. PubMed may provide some articles for those interesting in reading this research.