Question:

From Gas City, Indiana, USA:

My son went through a five hour glucose tolerance test yesterday because of two episodes of an extremely fast and hard heart rate with profuse sweating. The only thing that his doctor is telling me to do is change his diet. Is this really all I should do or should there be some type of medication he should take? I was told it was not diabetes. It concerns me to know that at any time, he could suffer the same type of symptoms and not have any proper medication for it.

Answer:

I would talk with your physician about his symptoms and work to find an explanation for his symptoms. I'm afraid I don't have nearly enough information in your question to be of further help to you. I'm glad he doesn't have diabetes. Your son's physician will be your best resource for information.