Question:

From Ottawa, Ontario, Canada:

I have been diabetic for 32 years. For the past four years, I have had severe pain my legs when I walk and now it is also in my feet. I have gone for a blood circulation test and nerve testing. The results were good. What should I do now?

Answer:

I am under the impression that the circulation test was normal. It still sounds like diabetic neuropathy. I would suggest you speak to your physician about medication for painful neuropathy. I would also suggest you try to exercise as much as possible to prevent further debilitation. Finally, improve your sugars as much as possible. Poor blood sugar control is associated with a low threshold for neuropathic pain.