From Dayton, Ohio, USA:

My sugar has been high for at least three weeks, between 300 and 500 mg/dl [16.7 and 22.2 mmol/L]. Also, my stomach has been cramping for two weeks. My period was two days late and it was spotting (brown and dark red) for three and a half days. I have been trying to conceive for a year. I have also felt nausea and have already been to the emergency room for the cramping and the sugar problem. I took a pregnancy test (blood and urine), but they were both negative. Could I be pregnant?

You may have done the pregnancy test too soon. Try again in a week. Work on those blood glucose values as well.

Posted to Hyperglycemia and DKA and Family Planning