From North Huntingdon, Pennsylvania, USA:

My 14 year old son just had blood work done for the first time because high cholesterol and diabetes run in the family. All his results were good except his insulin level was 28. The pediatrician suggested we see an endocrinologist. Should I be worried? What causes this? What actions should be taken to help these levels?

I'm afraid that I can't comment. A random insulin level in a child is practically meaningless unless looking for "hyper-insulinism, " i.e. extremely high levels. I have no idea why it would be measured. Insulin levels would only be relevant as part of a formal test such as a glucose tolerance test under specific fasting conditions.