From Canada:

I tested positive on my one hour glucose test, 8.1 mmol/L [146 mg/dl]. I had eaten shortly before the test. My three hour glucose test came back normal. However, I notice that, after I eat something sweet, I feel a little "groggy" or "woozy". Am I having glucose issues? And most importantly, am I at higher risk for developing type 2 diabetes?

I think you are talking about a screening test for gestational diabetes, but I don't have enough information to answer your question. Did you drink a special glucose drink and have your blood drawn exactly one hour later? This test is usually done between the 24th and 28th weeks of pregnancy and the result should be less than 6.7 mmol [121 mg/dl]. If your result was 8.1, then you should have a glucose tolerance test to determine whether or not you have gestational diabetes. If you do, it is important to get treatment right away. Please clarify this with your doctor right away.

Posted to Gestational Diabetes