Question:

From Texas, USA:

Please tell me, because all my friends are asking me, which is worse, type 1 or type 2? I'd like to know.

Answer:

This is a really interesting question. Both types of diabetes are equally serious. Both types of diabetes can lead to severe long-term complications. Some people believe that if you take pills instead on injections, the diabetes is more mild. However, both types of diabetes means that the body is not using glucose properly. If blood sugar stays high, regardless of the type of diabetes, the body is at risk for damage to eyes, kidney, feet, and blood vessels.

The bottom line is: ALL forms of diabetes are serious, regardless of how the diabetes is being care for.

BS