Question:

From Lake Dallas, Texas, USA:

I am 34 years old and will be 35 in October. I had a miscarriages in December 2001 and this August. My A1c was 8.4. I have been on incoline for about three weeks. How long does it take to lower the A1c? What level should it be if and when I decide to try again? What age is to old to have a baby?

Answer:

It will take several weeks to lower your hemoglobin A1c. Your hemoglobin A1c should be in the 5-7 range to minimize the risk to the fetus for developmental abnormalities. It seems like, these days, you are never too old to become pregnant. As you get older, the risk for other issues such as chromosomal problems increases. Thus, you may want to try for another pregnancy fairly soon.

I am not familiar with incoline

Posted to Family Planning