Question:

From Hanover, Pennsylvania, USA:

My 15 year old son is very lax about documenting his blood sugar readings and the meter we have often loses the date and time. I want to know if there is some sort of computerized documentation that he could do each day to make sure we are trending his readings and also possibly to get him more responsible for tracking this himself.

Answer:

Most new blood glucose meters have an interface to download data to a computer. You can then use any of several software programs to analyze and chart the data. You can learn more about meters and software by reading our reviews of blood glucose meters and the Computerizing Your Meter page.

JSH

Posted to Other and Daily Care