Question:

From Washington, DC, USA:

I'm having a problem with getting up and taking my insulin injections. I am still in denial with having diabetes type 1. What should I do or what will help me with my problem before it gets any worse?

Answer:

How wonderful of you to reach out and ask for help about living with such a challenging disease! Diabetes is really difficult to take care of, as you well know. Please talk with your family members and ask them if they can take over checking your blood sugars and giving you your morning injection, if that's the most difficult time of the day for you. Everyone who lives with diabetes needs someone else to take over these tasks sometimes.

JWB

Posted to Behavior