From Blandon, Pennsylvania, USA:

I have been diagnosed as a borderline diabetic. I have stopped all sugars and added sugar free products to my diet, including Popsicles, candy and sugar free soda. It seems that after eating one of these products, it is not long thereafter that I get a severe headache for 24 to 48 hours. Could I be having an adverse reaction to sugar free products and stop using them?

Not all artificial sweeteners are the same. To get to the bottom of this, you should keep a log of which sweetener you had each time and whether or not you got a headache. It is possible, for example, for aspartame (Equal) to trigger a migraine in some people. See if keeping a log helps you to identify a pattern to your headaches (or not!).

Posted to Aches and Pains and Meal Planning, Food and Diet