From Phoenix, Arizona, USA:

My daughter is a nine year old, African American, who figure skates every day for at least one to one and half hours daily, six days a week. Her Body Mass Index (BMI) is 22/23. Although I have type 2 diabetes, we do not have a medical family history on her. I let her test her blood sugar one morning and it was 132 mg/dl [7.3 mmol/L]. Should I be concerned about her blood sugar? She is 57 inches tall and about 110 pounds. She takes Flovent and Advair, Singular, and Zyrtec for asthma and allergies. She is always active and is beginning to hit puberty.

No reliable decisions can be made based on a single blood sugar test done using a handheld glucometer. If your daughter has any symptoms of diabetes (see Symptoms of Diabetes) or, if you have any concerns about diabetes or other medical problems, I would suggest that you promptly schedule a visit with your pediatrician. If that was a fasting blood sugar and it was accurate, it is indeed too high. A fasting blood sugar done on your pediatrician's more reliable laboratory sugar testing equipment would be a good idea.