From Singapore:

My nine year old daughter was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes one and a half months ago. She is taking four units of NovoRapid and five units of Insulatard daily, divided into three doses. Her blood sugars are well under control, with readings between 4 and 10 mmol/L [72 and 180 mg/dl]. Recently, I have noticed that the skin is peeling from the base of her foot, that is, the upper part of the foot and toe, not the heels. Her diabetes team has said to put moisturizer on the foot. Is this okay or is there something serious?

I agree with your doctor's suggestion about using moisturizer. It should alleviate the problem.