Question:

From Thibodaux, Louisiana, USA:

My fiance has twin daughters, age seven, who live in Oklahoma. One of the twins was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes approximately four months ago. Their mother will not let us have visitation with the twins, here in Louisiana, until we are certified to take care of a child with diabetes. I have contacted our local medical center for information and would like to know if you could point us in the right direction on where we could go for a class or seminar?

Answer:

There are several resources for you, some local and some national. Locally, Thibodaux Regional Medical Center has a nationally recognized diabetes education program. Other nationally recognized diabetes education centers are listed at the American Diabetes Association' Education Recognition Program. Or, you can search the American Association of Diabetes Educators' Find a Diabetes Educator.

BS