From Ohio, USA:

Is it normal for a non-diabetic, three year old to have a blood sugar level of 175 mg/dl [9.7 mmol/L] on more than one occasion? I'm a diabetic and this worries me for my child.

The American Diabetes Association considers a normal blood sugar to be less than 100 mg/dl [5.6 mmol/L] fasting and less than 140 mg/dl [7.8 mmol/L] for a casual or random blood glucose. These values are plasma levels, not blood sugars found on a home meter. To diagnose diabetes, blood glucose must be checked by a physician. If you are concerned about your child, please have his or her blood glucose checked by your physician.

Posted to Diagnosis and Symptoms and Blood Tests and Insulin Injections