Question:

From Washington, USA:

My three year old daughter showed glucose in her urine during her three year check-up. We re-did the test the next day and it wasn't there. My husband has type 1 diabetes and we are very concerned. We have monitored her glucose levels and the lowest it has been was 106 mg/dl [5.9 mmol/L] and the highest was 135 mg/dl [7.5 mmol/L]. How should I prepare her for future testing?

Answer:

Sugar in the urine is always abnormal. I would suggest that you discuss your concerns at length with your pediatrician. Further testing will likely be necessary. I'm not really sure what your question is asking. Preparing her for the testing that may be necessary to make the diagnosis is not really necessary. Her pediatrician will be able to help get her through any testing in their office without too much trauma.

Posted to Diagnosis and Symptoms and Other