Question:

From Hamilton, Georgia, USA:

Lately, I have been having bad bouts with low sugar and, since then, I have been itching really bad. In 1998, I was diagnosed with hypoglycemia. But, since I have been getting older, my blood sugar drops for no reason at all. I do know the signs when it is coming on. I then either drink orange juice or eat glucose tablets. That helps, but then I can't seem to get enough to eat and I get really tired. Then, headaches and itching start. It can last for days and gets even worse when I lie down to try to sleep at night. It is driving me crazy. I think sometimes something is in my bed that makes me itch, but I know better. What, if anything can I do to stop this itching all the time?

Answer:

I think you should see an endocrinologist for a consultation as soon as possible.

JS

Posted to Hypoglycemia and Other