From Pell City, Alabama, USA:

My son had a glucose tolerance test. His blood sugar at 30 minutes was 191 mg/dl [10.6 mmol/L]. He gained 20 pounds over the summer and, at time, he is in a daze. Does he need shots? We have to wait two months to see a specialist.

My sister has type 1 diabetes and I have type 2.

Your son needs to see his pediatrician who can help to interpret the testing that was done and to direct his treatment. If a specialist will be needed, your son's pediatrician will be able to help you to access that care in a timely manner. Please make an appointment for him as soon as possible.