From Jenison, Michigan, USA:

My almost six year old daughter frequently complains of her tummy hurting shortly after eating. I probably hear this complaint about eight times per week. I am beginning to record what she eats and when she complains. She was tested for celiac two weeks ago and it was negative. She never complained prior to diagnosis, which was four months ago. What should I do? Should I always test for ketones even if the sugar is in range? I am planning to call my regular pediatrician. Is there anything else I should do?

It is a very hard to make an on-line diagnosis without examining your daughter. The only thing I can suggest to you is a screening for helicobacter pylori gastritis, a quite common disease (in some way, a little more frequent in diabetic children). If this were the case, an antimicrobial therapy (antibiotics) could help. Ask your diabetes team for an appropriate screening.