Question:

From Missouri, USA:

Can I still have regular soda if a bolus for the carbohydrates?

Answer:

Yes, you can still have regular soda but you have to bolus more insulin for the additional carbohydrates. Just to give you an idea, one 12 ounce regular soda has about 45 grams of carbohydrates versus 0 grams of carbohydrates for any diet soda. If you dislike the taste of diet soda, you may find a good compromise in the C2 or Pepsi Edge which has about 18 grams carbohydrates for a 12 ounce can. I wouldn't use the regular sodas that often with better tasting diet or Splenda flavored sodas.

JMS