From Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA:

I am extremely worried about my friend who has diabetes but cannot afford supplies. He just started making enough money for the state to stop helping him, but on his own, he can't do it. Since my mother has type 2, I've seen the consequences of what happens to untreated diabetes. Is there anything or anyone who can help him get his insulin?

Because there is no national program in the US, your friend should ask his diabetes team for advice on local and state government programs that are available to assist him. His team may also be able to provide samples from diabetes companies to help.

You might also find help through our Services page or the Children with Diabetes Foundation.

Posted to Insurance/Costs and Other