From Peshtigo, Wisconsin, USA:

Where is a good place online to find a support group for mothers with diabetes? I am a proud mother of two children, a wife to the most wonderful man, and a type 1 diabetic of 27 years. But, I do not have support for the everyday dealings of this disease, the hows and ways of time management as well as disease management.

I help moderate the pediatric discussion boards on the Joslin Diabetes Center web site for parents of children with diabetes. There are also discussion boards for adults with diabetes and their family members on the Joslin web site. For more information on the Joslin pediatric and adult discussion boards, see About the Joslin Discussion Boards. You may want to look specifically at the conference entitled, "Living with Diabetes for Parents" on the pediatric boards, as well as the conference entitled, "Family Matters" on the adult boards. You might also be interested in an article I wrote, For Family Members Only.

Additional comments from Brenda Hitchcock:

You might also be interested in visiting our Chat Rooms. More people, including adults with type 1, use the Parents chat room.