From Rutland, Ohio, USA:

I have tested my eight year old son's blood sugar on a home glucose meter. After eating, his blood sugar was 265 mg/dl [14.7 mmol/L] so, I decided to check it in the morning before he ate. It was 192 mg/dl [10.7 mmol/L]. Because I was concerned, I have tested it several mornings. His blood sugars were between 165 mg/dl and 300 mg/dl [9.2 and 16.7 mmol/L]. He has had multiple episodes of wetting the bed, eats all the time and drinks a lot. He has had no weight loss. Should I take him to a doctor or are the home meter's measurements nothing to be concerned about? The meter is calibrated properly, but I am not sure how accurate a these readings are for a child.

A diagnosis of diabetes should not be done using a home glucometer. However, home glucometers can give you enough information to help you decide to get your son checked by his pediatrician. I would suggest making an appointment today to see your pediatrician and review your concerns. The blood sugars you have mentioned are clearly abnormal.