From Bixby, Oklahoma, USA:

I recently took my three year old son to the doctor for frequent urination. They tested his urine, which was fine and did a non-fasting glucose test. The level came back at 106 mg/dl [5.9 mmol/L]. He had eaten Cheerios, cheese toast and apple juice for breakfast one hour earlier. His pediatrician thought his level was a little high and wants to retest in a few weeks. What does all this mean? He shows no other symptoms. Could this be the early stages of diabetes?

Given that your son had a non-fasting test, this was not standardized and I don't think anything can be read into the result. Has a urine culture been sent to check for infection?