Question:

From Paoli, Indiana, USA:

My son is 19 and was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at 15. He is non-compliant with his diet, insulin schedule and anything else to do with diabetes. He has been in the hospital five times in DKA and I am afraid I am going to lose my son. He refuses to discuss diabetes management with me or any one else, including medical professionals. I feel he is in deep denial.

This is such a stressful, heartbreaking time for me. He looks startling, skinny and dehydrated. He appears angry all the time. He was tested for drugs and it was negative. I am looking for a chat room for parents of diabetic grown children for the purpose of sharing ideas, information, etc.

Answer:

You'll find many parents and adults in our chat rooms.

JSH

Posted to Other and Behavior