From Paoli, Indiana, USA:

My son is 19 and was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at 15. He is non-compliant with his diet, insulin schedule and anything else to do with diabetes. He has been in the hospital five times in DKA and I am afraid I am going to lose my son. He refuses to discuss diabetes management with me or any one else, including medical professionals. I feel he is in deep denial.

This is such a stressful, heartbreaking time for me. He looks startling, skinny and dehydrated. He appears angry all the time. He was tested for drugs and it was negative. I am looking for a chat room for parents of diabetic grown children for the purpose of sharing ideas, information, etc.

You'll find many parents and adults in our chat rooms.

Posted to Other and Behavior