From Spring Mills, Pennsylvania, USA:

I am a type 2 diabetic, diagnosed August 11, 2004. Sometimes I get severe cramps, dizzy, sweaty, lightheaded, and almost pass out. This always happens when I don't have my glucose meter with me. I told my doctor about these symptoms and he said that the next time it happens, I should keep track of the daily activities prior to the symptoms. Is this a sign of high or low sugar?

You may not like my answer, but I think the thing to do is always carry a meter with you. The only way to truly know if you are low or high is to check your sugar. In my opinion, going out of your home without your meter is like crossing a highway with your eyes closed. They are some very tiny meters out now that are very portable.

Posted to Type 2