Question:

From Bangkok, Thailand:

I am an extremely concerned member of a teaching staff in a school in Bangkok. The staff members of my school would like to lobby the administration and the principal of the school to introduce food that is not detrimental to the children's health. I am trying to compile information and letters from officials and professionals about the risks of eating diets rich in fats and sugars. Because I am working in Thailand, Thai's do not seem to have any knowledge or deep understanding of the true hazards behind eating unhealthy foods. Where can I find information on this subject?

Answer:

I would recommend that you take a look at Making Healthy Food Choices on the American Diabetes Association web site. These nutrition links have some helpful information regarding healthy types of foods and proper amounts for people with diabetes (and for everyone else also). I hope you can spread the news about healthy eating for everyone but especially for children. Healthy eating habits are learned at an early age.

JMS