Question:

From Idaho, USA:

I have just been diagnosed with insulin resistance, but I don't know much about it. I especially don't know what kinds of foods to eat or how severe my condition is. I was told my insulin level was 22.9 and they have put me on 2000 mg of Glucophage a day. Could you please help me by giving me some insight on what I should be eating and what I shouldn't be eating? How severe is this?

Answer:

You need to ask your health care provider to send you to a diabetes educator and/or dietitian to talk to you about you meals and your disease process. It is important to meet with someone who can find out what you like to eat and tailor your meal plan to that. This consultation takes about an hour and is well worth it.

JS