Question:

From Keene, New Hampshire, USA:

My boyfriend, who is 18 years old, has diabetes, but I don't know what type. He wants to lose weight, even though he doesn't need to at all. He's about 5 feet, 11 inches and weighs about 165 pounds. He wants to lose about 10 to 15 pounds. He started exercising on a regular basis, which is a good way to do it, I guess. But, now he's not eating meat and I was wondering if this was a bad thing? Can he put himself in danger? He's already scared me a few times, before he stopped eating meat, and I just don't want him to hurt himself or put himself in danger over losing weight

Answer:

Not eating meat is not particularly dangerous as long as there is still a source of protein in his diet. Other good sources of protein include dairy foods such as milk and cheese, and fish.

Posted to Weight and Weight Loss and Meal Planning, Food and Diet