Question:

From Calgary, Alberta, Canada:

I have been diagnosed with diabetes for just under a year now and, last week, my family doctor was worried I would die because my sugars are not controlled. I have no meal plan or any kind of doctor at this point. I am new to this area and have not yet been able to find a doctor for me or my daughter. Do you have an kind of information that you could send to me on programs in my area? I am now also afraid I will die if this isn't controlled soon.

Answer:

I would suggest you contact an endocrinologist for a thorough medical evaluation. Contact the Canadian Diabetes Association in the Alberta region to obtain a list of specialists in your area. This organization also has excellent materials to help you better understand your diabetes.

BS