From Sacramento, California, USA:

I know what the general numbers are for low, normal, and high blood sugar. But, what are the general numbers for low, normal, and high insulin levels? I have looked everywhere and can't find this information. Obviously, 1 is low and 300 is high, but what ranges would you categorize as low, normal and high?

There are no specific absolute normal insulin levels. Fasting levels are usually in the single digits, i.e. less than 10. After food values (postprandial), they can go up to the teens or twenties, occasionally somewhat higher. So, the higher the values, as you suggested, the more hyperinsulinemic is that person. Also, one can look at ratio of blood glucose to insulin but this is even more subjective. The more overweight and the more insulin resistance in an individual, the higher the insulin levels. The insulin levels are much more useful for research purposes than for any clinical decisions. Values in the 100s are clearly abnormal almost all of the time. If associated with obesity, acanthosis nigricans, hypertension, hyperlipidemia and excess androgen states/PCOS this is the highest risk group for future type 2 diabetes and early cardiovascular compromise.