From Mora, Minnesota, USA:

I have a student who is currently trying to become more independent dealing with her diabetes. Is there a web site that she can go to and enter her meals on line to find out the carbohydrate count information? We have tried using the Nutrition Assessment Tools web site, but it is a bit complicated for her.

I'm not aware of a web site that is that simple with entering food and receiving carbohydrate information. A good book that is helpful with carbohydrate information is "The Diabetes Carbohydrate and Fat Gram Guide." You can order it from the American Diabetes Association.

[Editor's comment: NutritionData is an excellent web site that allows you to build a pantry of common foods and provides complete nutritional information about those foods. JSH]