From Baltimore, Maryland, USA:

I am 21 years old and recently have been experiencing excessive urination and thirst, urinating on average every one and a half to two hours and during the night, four to six hours after going to sleep. Normal for me was urinating every four or five hours, and at night, 10 hours from the time of going to sleep.

I was afraid my blood sugar had shot up so I purchased a home glucose test monitor from Rite Aid, (their brand, but my fasting glucose levels were 72 mg/dl [4.0 mmol/L] and 66 mg/dl [3.7 mmol/L] on the two occasions I tested it. I did as the test instructed, pricked my finger, squeezed it a bit to get the blood out, etc. Also, random tests I did also never got above 90 mg/dl [5.0 mmol/L]. I went to the University Health Center where they did a urinalysis, but there was no sugar or protein in my urine either.

I am at a loss. I know my aunt has diabetes type 2. I am quite overweight at about 270 pounds at 5 feet 9 inches. My exercise level is low, mostly just walking to and from classes during the day. My diet is a bit carbohydrate heavy, though I eat as much meat and fish as possible. The only other thing I was thinking it could be, is salt as I eat a lot of teriyaki and soy sauce based foods. But, I don't feel as if I'm retaining water and I never noticed such an effect on me.

It is not normal to urinate that often. You need to see a doctor right away for a check up. It could be many things and very possibly has nothing to do with diabetes.