From Ogden, Utah, USA:

I am concerned that the care I am getting and the answers I am looking for. I feel that I am being pushed to see the P.A. (Physician's Assistant) when I want my son to see the specialist. I chose the specialist because he is considered the best in the state, but he insists that I see his P.A. who has threatened to turn me into the state for what she thinks is medical neglect. She claims this because his A1c test have been high for about a year and half. However, the P.A. has not changed any of the insulin dosages for that year and half. I rely on them to guide me in the right direction and think that I am being misled, and that my son's health is at risk due to not getting the direction from the doctor that I think we should be getting. The specialist is now telling me that I have to see the P.A. despite the rudeness she shows to me, every other time my son goes to this office. I am very concerned and feel that I should change doctors. Do you think this is the case?

Where you seek care for your son is your personal choice. If your current physician is not meeting your needs, it may be time to move on.

Posted to Other and A1c, Glycohemoglobin, HgbA1c