Question:

From Braintree, Massachusetts, USA:

For the past two months, I have been getting very bad headaches. It seems like my head is going to explode. With the headaches, I get very dizzy and feel as though I am going to pass out. My short-term memory is almost nonexistent. If you asked me about a few days ago, I would only remember bits and pieces. I have been eating much more lately and been urinating much more. The other day, my grandmother asked me to drink a large glass of orange juice and suck on some hard candy. After I did this, my headaches and dizziness went right away. If I don't eat breakfast, I feel extremely dizzy throughout the day until I eat. At work, I can't concentrate and get disorientated and confused easily. My heart also races, but I am not sure if that is due to anxiety. My grandmother said I might be diabetic or hypoglycemic since it runs in the family. Should I see a doctor?

Answer:

It sounds like you may indeed suffer from a blood sugar imbalance. You should see a doctor right away and have a glucose tolerance test to get to the bottom of this.

JS