From Rhode Island, USA:

I've had a frozen shoulder for about a year. I've had type 1 diabetes for 25 years. My doctor wants to send me for physical therapy for the frozen shoulder. Does therapy always work? Or, is it a waste of time? Will it get better on it's own?

Physical therapy will work to relieve the pain and decreased range of motion in a frozen shoulder. If there is an associated tear, obviously it will not help for that. The repeated movements help to break the many small adhesions that prevent pain-free movement.

Posted to Aches and Pains