From Escondido, California, USA:

I am a student intern as a Drug and Alcohol Recovery Program case manager. Recently, a 41 year old diabetic black female screened positive for alcohol use. Her drug of choice is crystal methamphetamine and alcohol. She denies any use. Can being diabetic produce a false positive for alcohol use? My personal research has been inconclusive.

This question comes up repeatedly. Since you are using a specific laboratory with specific assays for the measurement of these substances, it is best to speak to the reference laboratory and ask these questions.