From Jacksonville, Florida, USA:

I just received the latest set of 1.5 ml Humalog pen cartridges for my daughter. There is a red sticker on them stating that Lilly is not going to make them anymore. I called the 800 number listed and was told that there has been a 40% drop in prescriptions for them over the last three years so they are being dropped. Apparently, they can't be bothered with the 60% (probably all children) that still need them. I doubt if even our combined voices can change Lilly's mind, but we should shout loud enough to affect their image in the public's eye. They like to portray themselves as the diabetic's corporate friend. Please let everyone know this is happening so they can look into alternatives for their children.

I have confirmed with Lilly that the Humalog 1.5 ml cartridges were discontinued as of August 2004 and are no longer available.

As an alternative to the Humalog pen, you may wish to consider NovoLog insulin in a NovoPen Jr. insulin pen. NovoLog and Humalog are equivalent, fast acting insulins.