From San Leandro, California, USA:

I received a renewal for my drivers license. On it, there is a question: Do you have any medical problems, including diabetes? Will marking yes on this form hurt my driving privileges in any way? I am not on insulin, just oral medication and I don't have low blood sugars.

I am not familiar with California law. You should check with the American Diabetes Association Advocacy person in Sacramento. Call your local chapter and they will tell you how to contact her. I think it will not effect your regular drivers license unless you have an accident and hypoglycemia is suspected. Then, you may need medical clearance. The rules are different for other kinds of licenses such as pilots and long distance truckers, if you take insulin.

Posted to Other and Type 2