From Flagstaff, Arizona, USA:

Is there any way I could get a stem cell operation? Is there a waiting list? How much would it cost? If I had a successful surgery, would I need to take pills for the rest of my life to keep my body from rejecting the new cells?

Unfortunately, this is only being done experimentally and mostly in animals at present. There are some preliminary results that are looking good, but our current President and our current Congress are against such research so that funding is not sufficient to make much progress. In other parts of the world, such research is moving along faster since there are no government barriers. You should consider writing to your Senators and Congressperson telling them why you think this kind of research may be important for you and others since this may get the restrictions lifted.

Posted to Research: Cure