From Florida, USA:

I have type 2 diabetes. Every now and then, I get internal shakes. I believe this to be caused by my diabetes, but my doctor, who I never get to see since they always me meet with a nurse, says that, since I have high sugar problems, not low sugar, diabetes is not the issue. I can't get a solid answer. Can high sugar cause shakes? If so, can it be a serious effect of type 2 diabetes?

Many people describe various symptoms when there sugar is very high or very low. I am not sure what you mean by internal shakes, but that might just be how you feel when you are high. The only real way to tell is to test your blood sugar when that happens and see if every time you have this sensation, you are indeed high. If that is the case, ask your doctor what you should do when your sugar is high. You may need to take extra medicine and drink plenty of water.

Posted to Hyperglycemia and DKA and Other