Question:

From Ohio, USA:

I recently became diagnosed with type 2 diabetes and want to know more about what I should or should not eat. Which foods should I stay away from? Which should I include in a regular diet? Also, how much sugars should I eat each day as everything I look at has some form of sugar in it?

Answer:

Your best bet is to see a certified diabetes educator and/or registered dietitian who can teach you how to carbohydrate count and help you plan healthy meals according to your individual likes and dislikes. You can go to the American Diabetes Association web site and purchase books on carbohydrate counting as a follow up, but an individual session with an expert is invaluable.

JS

Posted to Meal Planning, Food and Diet and Type 2