From Olivos, Buenos Aires, Argentina:

Could you tell me about the latest new and alternative therapies for type 1 diabetes?

A good guide to the basics of what diabetes is and the current treatment can be found at Diabetes Basics. I'm unaware of any alternative treatments, currently, that would be appropriate for a child or teen with type 1 diabetes. For a review of common alternative treatments that some have used for diabetes, you might also visit Complementary and Alternative Medicine. Please discuss any alternative treatments that you are considering with your physician.

Posted to Alternative Therapies and Explanations