Question:

From Melbourne, Florida, USA:

How safe is it for a person with hyperinsulinemia to have children? Is it even possible?

Answer:

Hyperinsulinemia should not be a barrier to pregnancy, if you have controlled glucoses, normal menses and you are able to conceive.

I have not heard of any contraindications to pregnancy in this group of women. I would be followed by your physician and discuss this him/her as she/he may wish to consider additional treatment or if you are taking any agents, switch those medications ahead of time anticipating pregnancy.

ABS

Posted to Pregnancy