Question:

From Michigan, USA:

My one hour sugar test was elevated at 162 mg/dl [9 mmol/L], but my three hour sugar test came back normal. Last week, when I went to my doctor's appointment, my urine test had sugar, +1, in it. Does that mean I have gestational diabetes? What should I be careful about? My doctor said not to be concerned as I had gone one hour after my lunch. I am very concerned.

Answer:

During pregnancy, a small amount of glucose in the urine is common and does not make a diagnosis of diabetes. If it is persistent, your doctor can check a fasting and post-meal blood sugar.

Posted to Gestational Diabetes