Question:

From Rainsville, Alabama, USA:

I have had a lot of periods of paralysis and I don't know if hypoglycemia is the cause of it. Any kind of stress can bring it on to some degree, but exercise, even a small amount, is the worst. It also happens when I am reaching to get a plate down from a high cabinet or when I am holding the phone; my arm will get weak and shaky, sometimes to the point where I can't use it at all. Then, my other arm will get weak, then my legs, and then the muscles in my face. If I eat something sweet and rest, the paralysis lessens quite a bit.

Answer:

I am sorry, but I cannot give you more specific insight into your problem. You need to see your physician who will have to work through your problem. At this point, there are many things that could cause your symptoms.