From South Africa:

I have gestational diabetes and control my blood sugar levels with diet and exercise. My blood sugars are normally around 4.3 mmol/L [77 mg/dl]. Occasionally, I have felt nauseous, lethargic and generally down, but each time I have checked my levels and they are then always in the 7s mmol/L [126 to 143 mg/dl]. Why is this? Isn't 7.0 supposed to be in the normal range?

Seven mmol/L (126 mg/dl) is acceptable. Your level of fatigue may be more due to the pregnancy and postmeal lethargy then the glucose level in your blood. I would not recommend any change in your management at this time.

Posted to Gestational Diabetes and Other